Minty Lamb and Feta Burgers
Its BBQ time so we though this the perfect time to share a sizzling recipe that will give your burger a twist.
Makes 4 ready in 30 minutes
500 grams lamb mince
A few sun dried tomatoes
1 small red onion finely diced
75 grams feta cheese
1 tsp of fresh mint chopped
salt and pepper
- Fry the red onion in a little olive or sunflower oil until onion is soft (5 minutes) remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Combine the mince and egg in a large bowl.
- With scissors snip the sun dried tomatoes into small pieces and crumble the feta cheese and add it to the bowl with the mince.
- Sprinkle in the mint and season well with salt and pepper giving a good stir.
- When the onion has cooled add it to the mince mixture.
- Now it’s time to get your hands dirty. Mould the mixture into four balls and squash into burger shapes.
- Wrap them in cling film, then pop into the ridge for half an hour so they keep their form when cooking.
- Cook over the BBQ or in a grill on medium heat.
- Cook for around 20 minutes and pat with kitchen roll before serving.
Hope the weather stays fine for your BBQ and enjoy!
Be sure to check out our recipe for Stuffed Marrow next week!